Monday 21 March 2011

My Del Boy Attempt.

Well I have a love/hate relationship with ebay and at the moment its more love than hate. I love to buy rare and unusual miniatures for ridiculously low prices (but generally pay too much) and also to sell stuff for way over their worth. Sadly neither really come true, more a watered down version of both. So far this year I have sold 12 figures and bought 36. Admittedly the figures I have bought were mainly grunts for my ever increasing collection of badly led troops.
What I've done this week is mainly due to ebays free listing weekend is put 48 seperate auctions on there. All were old minatures that I bought nearly 20 years ago which now are very rare (I always put rare or OOP in my listings, whether it makes a difference I don't know) and now sadly unwanted. I say sadly as I go through phases of selling stuff with the intention of streamlining my figure collection, and sadly because I nearly always buy more stuff to replace it with.
But this time is differant! I have a plan, when I make €75+ on ebay I will buy myself some proper polystyrene sculpting tools so I can build the scenery of my dreams. Mainly interesting rock formations, an underground fighting pit, and even some terrain boards. So hopefully this time next week I'll be a millionaire!

No comments: